Welcome to Summer Camp Staff!
We look forward to seeing you all at camp for the summer, but there are several things that you need to accomplish before you arrive at Camp Tuckahoe or Hidden Valley Scout Reservation.
Staff Employment Forms
Please pay close attention to the items listed and make sure to complete all that is applicable to you and your position. All forms must completed and returned to us by April 1st.
2015 Summer Camp Staff Application
2015 Summer Camp Staff Reference Form
All Staff need to complete the following forms:
- 2015 Statement of Understanding & Code of Conduct Form
- 2015 Mutual Staff Agreement Form
- Staff Sign-Out Request Form
- Driver’s/Passenger Form
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
All paid staff will also need to complete…
- 2015 W-4 (Tax Form)
- 2015 Residency Certification Form (for Local Earned Income Tax Withholding)
- 2015 Form I-9 (Instructions for Employment Eligibility Verification)
- 2015 Summer Camp Staff Direct Deposit Form
ALL Camp Staff under the age of 18…
- must provide us with a copy of their valid Work Permit.
Materials can be obtained at your school’s Guidance Office. The required council signature can be obtained by contacting Todd Weidner at (717) 502-4190 or mailing the form to New Birth of Freedom Council, BSA, Attn: Camping Services, 1 Baden Powell Lane, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050.
You can not start employment without a valid work permit on file.
The Boy Scouts of America require all Summer Camp Staff employees to complete various advanced training courses. Please have a look at the following courses & complete what is required for your position. Please provide a copy of ALL completion certificates before you arrive at camp.
Courses that are available through Boy Scouts of America Online Training appear with an asterisk (*).
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention Training – All Staff
- Youth Protection* – All Staff
- Weather Hazards* – All Staff
- Safe Swim Defense* – All Key Leaders, Aquatics Staff, Trek Staff
- Safety Afloat* – All Key Leaders, Aquatics Staff, Trek Staff, Discovery Staff
- Trek Safely* – Trek Staff
Camp Staff Handbooks
Please make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures within the Camp Staff Handbook. Please sign and return the Camp Staff Handbook Acknowledgement Form.
- 2014 Camp Tuckahoe Staff Handbook …2015 Handbook coming soon
- 2014 Hidden Valley Staff Handbook …2015 Handbook coming soon
Leaders Guides & Program Highlights
All of our Guides are PDFs so you can save them to your phone! Save it to your iBooks app (or any book-reading app like ‘Kindle’) and have them with you!
- 2015 Cub Scouts & Webelos Summer Camp Program Highlights
- 2015 Boy Scout Summer Camp at Camp Tuckahoe Program Highlights
- 2015 Boy Scout Summer Camp at Hidden Valley Program Highlights
Mechanicsburg & York Scout Shop Discount for Uniform Supplies
Please make sure you comply with the BSA uniform checklist when outfitting your uniform for the summer. The Mechanicsburg and York Scout Shops will be offering all camp employees a 25% discount off uniform supplies until the end of the Summer Camp season. For individual information about our council’s National Scout Shops including phones and hour of operation visit the following links.
Camp apparel will be available this year – information coming soon!