Sunnyside Drive Closed and Detour Route 34
Motorists who commute through Sterretts Gap while traveling between Perry and Cumberland counties to Hidden Valley Scout Reservation should plan on a delay.
Construction of a roundabout on the Cumberland County side of Blue Mountain will result in the closure of Sunnyside Drive this summer.
A five mile detour will bypass the closure by moving traffic along Route 944. Rather than turning onto Sunnyside Drive, motorists will follow Route 944 to Route 34 and turn right.
Read the rest of this entry »
In preparation for the summer camp season, the BSA is rolling out a new, simplified Annual Health and Medical Record effective March 1, 2014.
Thanks to many employees and volunteers who provided constructive feedback on how we could make the record easier to use while still collecting the information needed to make sure our Scouts are ready for their experience.
Some of the key updates are:
- The primary version will be in English. The existing bilingual version will remain available.
- Part A (Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization) will contain no medical information and will be shorter by one page.
- Part B (General Information/Health History) will include only the most important information needed.
- Part C (Pre-Participation Physical) will be reduced to one page with expanded sections for explanations of allergies.
- Supplemental Risk Advisory (former Part D) will be shortened and be location specific. This is designed to take to physicians so they will better understand what activities their patients will participate in.
- A redesign of the landing page for the annual health and medical record website so participants and parents will be able to download only what they need.
Please visit the new BSA Annual Health & Medical Record webpage for more information
Make plans now to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime event where Scouts and Venturers from around the world will meet at the intersection of tradition and innovation to explore energy, technology, and harmony.
The 23rd World Scout Jamboree will be held in Japan on July, 28 – August 8, 2015. Eligible participants must be registered with the Boy Scout of America as a Boy Scout or Venturer and have been born between July 27, 1997, and July 28, 2001.
For more information and to apply visit www.scouting.org/worldjamboree.
The Shooting Sports Committee is hosting several types training for Scouters:
- BSA course for Rangemaster
- NRA basic courses in Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Pistol Shooting, Muzzleloading Rifle Shooting, and Home Firearm Safety
- NRA Range Safety Officer
- NRA instructor courses in Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Pistol Shooting, Muzzleloading Rifle Shooting
- USAArchery instructor course Archery Level 1
Click here to find out more information
Please view the class list for a complete description of what each course covers as well as dates and fees.
We have received “The Larry and Brenda Potterfield BSA Shooting Sports Grant” which has allowed us to reduce the cost of the course for our in council Scouters. To register for any of these courses please complete the registration form and return it to the council office. If you have any questions please contact Chuck Essig.
We are hosting NRA basic courses in Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Pistol Shooting, Muzzleloading Rifle Shooting, and Home Firearm Safety. The shooting courses are designed for the new or basic level shooter who wants to find out how to shoot these firearms. They are open to Scouter sand Scouts of NBOFC.The home firearms safety course is designed to answer basic questions about firearms in the home how to unload and store the firearms are covered; there is no shooting of firearms in this course.
To read course descriptions click here.
To register for a course click here.