In preparation for the summer camp season, the BSA is rolling out a new, simplified Annual Health and Medical Record effective March 1, 2014.
Thanks to many employees and volunteers who provided constructive feedback on how we could make the record easier to use while still collecting the information needed to make sure our Scouts are ready for their experience.
Some of the key updates are:
- The primary version will be in English. The existing bilingual version will remain available.
- Part A (Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization) will contain no medical information and will be shorter by one page.
- Part B (General Information/Health History) will include only the most important information needed.
- Part C (Pre-Participation Physical) will be reduced to one page with expanded sections for explanations of allergies.
- Supplemental Risk Advisory (former Part D) will be shortened and be location specific. This is designed to take to physicians so they will better understand what activities their patients will participate in.
- A redesign of the landing page for the annual health and medical record website so participants and parents will be able to download only what they need.
Please visit the new BSA Annual Health & Medical Record webpage for more information
April 4-6, 2014
at Hidden Valley Scout Reservation!
This event is open to ALL Scouts, parents, and leaders.
CUB AND WEBELOS SCOUTS can complete requirements for fishing sports pin and belt loop.
BOY SCOUTS can complete requirements for their fishing or fly fishing merit badge.
Registration Deadline: March 28, 2014
The 7th Annual Philmont Wilderness and Remote First Aid Course will be held at Camp Tuckahoe on March 22-23. This course is designed especially back country situations where EMS are not readily available or when help is delayed. All outdoors enthusiasts are welcome. The cost is $75 which includes training materials and books.
For complete details and to sign-up, download the Philmont Wilderness and Remote First Aid Course Form and return it to the council service center.
Make plans now to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime event where Scouts and Venturers from around the world will meet at the intersection of tradition and innovation to explore energy, technology, and harmony.
The 23rd World Scout Jamboree will be held in Japan on July, 28 – August 8, 2015. Eligible participants must be registered with the Boy Scout of America as a Boy Scout or Venturer and have been born between July 27, 1997, and July 28, 2001.
For more information and to apply visit www.scouting.org/worldjamboree.
The Shooting Sports Committee is hosting several types training for Scouters:
- BSA course for Rangemaster
- NRA basic courses in Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Pistol Shooting, Muzzleloading Rifle Shooting, and Home Firearm Safety
- NRA Range Safety Officer
- NRA instructor courses in Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Pistol Shooting, Muzzleloading Rifle Shooting
- USAArchery instructor course Archery Level 1
Click here to find out more information
Please view the class list for a complete description of what each course covers as well as dates and fees.
We have received “The Larry and Brenda Potterfield BSA Shooting Sports Grant” which has allowed us to reduce the cost of the course for our in council Scouters. To register for any of these courses please complete the registration form and return it to the council office. If you have any questions please contact Chuck Essig.