The New Birth of Freedom Council is looking for volunteers to serve as Commissioners and to assist with our Summer Camp Programs as their availability allows.
What Does a Summer Camp Commissioner Do?
- Exemplify all aspects of the Scout Oath and Law and serve as a role model for staff and Scouts.
- Communicate with unit leaders, Scouts, visitors, and staff.
- Assist the program director in managing camp programs and developing recognition programs (Gateway Competition, Cook-Off, etc.)
- Relay any issues, concerns, or positive reflections along to management.
- Cultivate productive relationships with and among unit leaders.
- Assist the program director in managing camp programs and developing recognition programs (Gateway Competition, Cook-Off, Flag Ceremonies, etc.)
- Obey and enforce all applicable policies, practices, and procedures approved by the New Birth of Freedom Counciland the Boy Scouts of America.
Many Summer Camp Commissioners will spend at least one session of camp with us throughout the summer season, some spend multiple weeks volunteering their time at camp.
Want to help at camp but don’t want to be a Commissioner?
The council is always looking for eager volunteers to help assist with our summer camp programs! We understand that not everyone can give up their summer to work at camp (even though they may want to), but if you have a few vacation days from what the camp staff likes to call “the real world” we sure would be glad to have you help us out!
If you are interested in being a Commissioner or Volunteer at one of Summer Camps this year, please let us know.
CLICK HERE to sign up!