The safety of all of our campers, leaders, camp staff, and camp visitors is always our top priority. With this in mind, the Council’s Executive Committee has extended the closure of all council camps through the end of May due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak.
Full refunds will be issued after the Council Service Centers reopen for all events and reservations canceled during May.
It may not be possible to reschedule postponed May camping events until this fall or later. We remain hopeful that the COVID-19 virus will subside in time for us to conduct summer camp programs at Hidden Valley and Tuckahoe. Focusing 100% of our efforts on summer camp preparation is our top priority at this point.
We hope many of the units, who had their camping reservations canceled in March, April, and May will rebook with us again this fall. As you might imagine, the loss of three months of camping revenues at a busy time of year will have a significant negative impact on our operating budget.
Please stay safe as we come together to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to our council camps once this outbreak is over.
Yours in Scouting,
Ronald M. Gardner, Jr.
Scout Executive & CEO