It may be the middle of summer, but in a few short weeks summer vacations will be drawing to a close and the new school year will be starting. More importantly, the new Scouting year will be starting! We want to make sure that your unit is prepared to have the best year of Scouting possible and that starts with a fantastic fall recruitment to invite new Scouts and parents to be part of your unit!
To help you get ready we have put together some great resources and ideas!
Sample Fall Recruitment Calendar
Not sure where to get started? Not sure what to do when? This calendar helps your unit plan out their recruitment strategy for the key months of August, September, and October! Download the calendar here.
Summer Webinar Series
The Council Membership Committee conducted a survey at Program Launch to find out what resources or trainings would be most beneficial to units so that they are best prepared for the fall membership campaign. From that survey, our committee has created 3 webinar opportunities. Please take a look at the offerings below and sign up for one, two or all of the webinars!
- Webinar #1 – July 26 at 7:00pm – Community Recruitment Ideas – Register here.
- Webinar #2 – August 1 at 7:00pm – Adult Recruitment and Onboarding – Register here.
- Webinar #3 – August 10 at 7:00pm – Working Around School Access Issues – Register here.
Other Webinars of Interest
We’ve put together a few webinars for units interested in the new Family DEN Pilot Program or those interested in becoming a FAMILY Pack. You can sign up for these webinars by following this link.
- July 27 – 7:00 pm – Family DEN Pilot Program Webinar
- August 3 – 7:00 pm – Family PACK Webinar for units interested in becoming a Family Pack
- August 31 – 7:00 pm – Family DEN Pilot Program Webinar
Be sure to mark your calendar for your District’s August Roundtable! At the August Roundtable we will have a Membership Rally to help make sure your unit has everything they need for the fall membership campaign. You will be able to pick up posters, yard signs, and other recruiting materials. Don’t miss this fun and informative event in conjunction with Roundtable!
National Night Out
August 2nd is National Night Out and National Night Out is a great time for your unit to kick off their fall recruitment campaign. National Night Out is a great partnership for Scouting and your local community. We are encouraging every unit to set up an active Scouting display as part of your community’s event. You can learn more about how your unit can participate here. This link also includes a sample flier that your unit can distribute to interested Scouting families! Simply update the highlighted fields and share!
The Membership Top 10
We may be approaching the middle of July but there is still a lot of summer yet! Council Membership Chair, Scot Chadwick has composed his Summer Membership Top 10. It’s not too late to act on these. Incorporating these Top 10 will help your unit to have a fantastic fall recruitment campaign!
10.Don’t shut down.
9. Plan your unit activities calendar now. It’s a great recruiting tool.
8. Hold a parents meeting. Get/keep them involved.
7. Recruit, train and collect any clearances needed for new leaders now.
6. Be visible in the community this summer.
5. Plan your fall recruiting campaign. How are you handling school access?
4. Hold a few fun bring-a-friend activities.
3. National Night Out – go all out.
2. Use social media and community messaging for summer recruiting.
1. DON’T SHUT DOWN!