In 2020, for the first time, the New Birth of Freedom Council will be hosting a summer Family Camp Event! This camp is intended for scouting families that would like to spend some quality time with their family outdoors and get involved in a variety of activities!
This family camping adventure will be offered on July 25-26, 2020 at Hidden Valley Scout Reservation. Check-in will begin at 1:00pm on Saturday July 25 and the program will conclude around 7:00pm on Sunday July 26th.
Who Can Attend?
We invite entire families to attend! Spend some quality time in the woods bonding with your family! Bring your parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins… and the list goes on! (We do require that some one in your family be a registered scouter)
What Will Families be Doing at Camp?
- Dutch Oven Cooking Demonstrations
- Crafts & Games
- Plant/Wildlife Identification
- Outdoor Skills
- Nature Hikes
- Camp Carnival and Games
- Much more!
What Should You Bring?
- Every scout and adult will need a BSA Health & Medical Form (Parts A and B)
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Two changes of clothing, rain coat, and hat
- Bug Spray, flashlight, and water-bottle
- Toothbrush, soap, and other personal items
- Swim suit, towel, and sunscreen
- Parents may want to bring a folding chair
How Much Does it Cost?
Cost is $140 for the first youth and adult pair, and $10 for each additional individual.
To see the full brochure click here! (Tiger Camp and Family Camp in the same brochure)