The New Birth of Freedom Council, BSA, will be hosting several Family Scouting Information Sessions in the coming week. These sessions are meant to share information about the Family Scouting options. Each of these sessions will also share information as to how a unit can participate in the “Early Adopter” option of Family Scouting. Registration is not required, but to help us to prepare for each event, please let us know if you are planning to attend by clicking here.
For those that have reviewed the requirements, we understand that the bar is set high to participate early. The requirements established by the National Council for participation were established to make sure that every girl that participates early get as full of an experience as possible in the shortened time frame. The “Early Adopter” option is not required or expected, but those units that feel prepared and wish to pursue this avenue, the council will make sure that you have the appropriate support moving forward.
As we continue to prepare for the full launch, which will be at the beginning of the 2018-19 school year, there will be a lot more information on how your pack can get prepared to welcome girls into the Scouting program.
We understand that there are many different opinions in this expansion to Family Scouting. The sessions below are information sessions to share the three options that packs and their chartered partners will have this fall: Family Packs (both boy and girl dens), All-boy Packs (no change from current model), and All-girl packs. Each information session will discuss the options to help units either make a decision about participation in the “Early Adopter” program or to help to answer questions about how these new options can be adopted and implemented. Sessions are open to anyone: institution heads, chartered organization representatives, pack committee chairs, pack committee members, pack leaders, and parents. These sessions are primarily aimed at Cub Scouts, but Boy Scout leaders are welcome to attend.
Dates and Locations:
- Monday, February 5th-6:30pm-Brethren Home, Nicarry Meeting House, 2990 Carlisle Pike, New Oxford, PA 17350
- Monday, February 5th-7:00pm-St. John’s UCC, 1811 Lincoln Way E, Chambersburg, PA 17202
- Monday, February, 5th-7:00pm-Calvary UMC, 203 Mumper Lane, Dillsburg, PA 17019
- Tuesday, February 6th-7:00pm-Hidden Valley Scout Reservation, 268 Hidden Valley Road, Loysville, PA 17047
- Tuesday, February 6th-7:00pm-Giant Community Room, 2300 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Tuesday, February 6th-7:00pm-Garrod Hydraulics, 1050 Locust Point Road, York, PA 17406
- Thursday, February 8th-7:00pm-The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2100 Hollywood Drive, York, PA 17403
Registration is not required, but to help us to prepare for each event, please let us know if you are planning to attend by clicking here.