Family Fueled Scouting at Program Launch 2018!
When: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 from 5 to 8pm
Where: Camp Tuckahoe, 400 Tuckahoe Road, Dillsburg, PA 17019
Who: Each unit is encouraged to bring up to 5 leaders
What is Program Launch?
Program Launch is an annual event conducted by the New Birth of Freedom Council to help your unit plan for your next year of Scouting! The Program includes a free dinner, information sessions, and great resources! At Program Launch you can expect to find many great tools, tips, and resources to help every Pack, Troop, and Crew prepare for an incredible year full of fun and adventure. Here’s just some of what you will find…
- Program Planning Tools and best method resources to assist in a complete planning process.
- Printed copies of the 2018-19 Council Program Calendar and Planning Guide.
- Scouting Information Booths along with Outside Vendor Resources that can add to the fun and adventure.
- Membership, Training, Tenatroo, and Camping information to help gain and retain more youth and families. Tuckahoe Cub World Tours will be available and Information Sessions will be offered including overviews of Family Scouting for Cub Scout Packs, Family Scouting for Boy Scout Troops, and information how to connect your unit to Scoutbook!
- Visit with other Scouts who can help you on your Journey to Excellence…whether it’s catching up with old friends or making some new ones, Scouting has lots of personalities and they’ll all be there!
How to Register
Program Launch is intended for all adult leaders in Scouting including: Committee Members, Committee Chairs, Scoutmasters, Cubmasters, Den Leaders, Popcorn Kernels, and all points in-betweeen. Every unit is asked to have at least 1 volunteer attend and may send up to 5 representatives.
Please, pre-register each member of your unit here.
What to Expect
Arrival: When you arrive at Camp Tuckahoe, you’ll be directed to one of the two parking areas that we’ll be using that evening. Once you’ve parked, you’ll need to head to the check-in area to officially sign in and pick up your event supplies.
At check-in, you’ll receive a bag, event guide, and meal ticket. You’ll also receive a “passport” which you’ll use to collect stamps at the various information booths.
Program Launch begins at 5pm and runs until 8pm. You may arrive and depart at anytime during those hours.
Support for First-Time Attendees: If this is the first time that you’ve been a Program Launch, please mention that when you check-in. There is a special passport that has some instructions to help you make the most of the evening.
Evening Program: Much of the Program Launch event will take place in and around the camp dining hall. Each district, the popcorn sale, our camps, and many of the council’s special activities will have booths in the dining hall. We will also be featuring booths for several additional resources, which will be located on the dining hall porch and the road beside the building.
Calendar and Program Planning Booklets & Info Sessions: Copies of the “Unit Program Planning Guide & Council Calendar” booklet will be available at all of the “information sessions” which are being held throughout the evening. Each session is about 20 minutes long.
Sponsor: Interested in sponsoring the our event or purchasing an ad in our Council Calendar please fill out our 2018 Council Calendar Sponsorship Opportunities.