Want to help make future Program Launches even better? Take a quick survey at:
Program Launch Survey
Scouting is a ‘Reel’ fun time! Cast your line at Program Launch 2017!
When: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 from 5 to 8pm
Where: Camp Tuckahoe, 400 Tuckahoe Road, Dillsburg, PA 17019
Who: Each unit is encouraged to bring up to 5 leaders including your Popcorn and Nuts Kernel
What is Program Launch?
Program Launch is an annual event conducted by the New Birth of Freedom Council to help your unit plan for your next year of Scouting! The Program includes a free dinner, information sessions, and great resources! At Program Launch you can expect to find many great tools, tips, and resources to help every Pack, Troop, and Crew prepare for an incredible year full of fun and adventure. Here’s just some of what you will find…
- Program Planning Tools and best method resources to assist in a complete planning process.
- 2017 Popcorn and Nuts Sale Kick Off for all the information to help fund your entire Scouting year.
- Printed copies of the 2017-18 Council Program Calendar and Planning Guide.
- Scouting Information Booths along with Outside Vendor Resources that can add to the fun and adventure.
- Membership, Training, Tenatroo, and Camping information to help gain and retain more youth and families. Tuckahoe Cub World Tours will be available and Information Sessions will be offered including overviews of Tentaroo and Year Round Facility Reservations, Successful Program Planning and Volunteer Recruitment, and New Cub Scout Membership Campaigns–Hooked on Scouting and Lion Scouts.
- Visit with other Scouts who can help you on your Journey to Excellence…whether it’s catching up with old friends or making some new ones, Scouting has lots of personalities and they’ll all be there!
How to Register
Program Launch is intended for all adult leaders in Scouting including: Committee Members, Committee Chairs, Scoutmasters, Cubmasters, Den Leaders, Popcorn Kernels, and all points in-betweeen. Every unit is asked to have at least 1 volunteer attend and may send up to 5 representatives.
Please, pre-register each member of your unit attending using Tentaroo!
(Units can register members using the unit username and password that is used for camp. Individuals attending or District and Council-level volunteers can create an account using the “Create A New Account” option on the right hand side of the screen following the link above).
After registering on Tentaroo, please watch for “Pre-Launch” information and schedules to arrive via email just after mid-May.
What to Expect
Arrival: When you arrive at Camp Tuckahoe, you’ll be directed to one of the two parking areas that we’ll be using that evening. Once you’ve parked, you’ll need to head to the check-in area to officially sign in and pick up your event supplies.
At check-in, you’ll receive a bag, event guide, and meal ticket. You’ll also receive a “passport” which you’ll use to collect stamps at the various information booths.
Program Launch begins at 5pm and runs until 8pm. You may arrive and depart at anytime during those hours.
Support for First-Time Attendees: If this is the first time that you’ve been a Program Launch, please mention that when you check-in. There is a special passport that has some instructions to help you make the most of the evening.
Evening Program: Much of the Program Launch event will take place in and around the camp dining hall. Each district, the popcorn sale, our camps, and many of the council’s special activities will have booths in the dining hall. We will also be featuring booths for several additional resources, which will be located on the dining hall porch and the road beside the building.
Calendar and Program Planning Booklets & Info Sessions: Copies of the “Unit Program Planning Guide & Council Calendar” booklet will be available at all of the “information sessions” which are being held throughout the evening. Each session is about 20 minutes long. Here is the schedule:
- Volunteer Recruitment and Program Planning – Held at 6:15pm and 7:15pm. This session will cover best practices for volunteer recruitment and how to plan for and conduct a pack/troop planning conference.
- Tentaroo and How to Use It – Held at 5:45pm and 6:45pm. This session is meant as an introduction to the new online event registration system–Tentaroo! Come learn what Tentaroo is and how to use it to register for events and camping year round!
- Hooked on Scouting and Lion Cubs – Held at 5:45pm and 6:45pm. This session will share with you all the plans for the Fall Hooked on Scouting membership initiative and have details on what’s new for the Lion Cub Pilot and how to get your unit signed up!
- Popcorn and Nuts Kick Off – Held at 6:00pm and 7:30pm. This session will include all the information you need to know about getting your unit signed up for the 2017 Popcorn and Nuts Campaign!