There are still quite a few tent sites that need to be setup before summer camp and Camp Tuckahoe is looking for your help!
If you or your troop are able to help setup tents on June 8 from 9-4 p.m. at Camp Tuckahoe please email Scott Holbrook at email@example.com and let him know how many people will be attending. Lunch and lots of FUN will be provided!
UPDATE: March 18, 2013 – Even though the start of summer camp is still months away, registration for the following sessions have already exceeded capacity, resulting in those periods being closed to further sign-ups.
- Webelos Resident Camp Weeks 1 (June 24-28) and 3 (August 4-8)
- Cub Scout Resident Camp Week 2 (June 20-22)
- Hidden Valley Boy Scout Camp Week 1 (June23 – 29) and Week 2 (June 30-July 6)
- Tuckahoe Boy Scout Camp Week 1 (July 7-13)
Space for all other summer camp sessions are still currently available. Units are strongly encouraged to consider making a reservation for another camp session.
For more information on summer camp reservations at either Hidden Valley or Tuckahoe, we encourage you to visit the “Camping” section of our website. It is possible that other summer camp sessions will fill up in the weeks ahead and we strongly recommend that units make firm reservations as soon as possible to avoid being shut out of the camp session your unit is planning to attend.
The 2013 Tuckahoe Boy Scout Program Highlights are now available online.
What’s new this year?
The American Heritage and Search and Rescue merit badges are new to Hidden Valley this year! We’re also extremely pleased to be able to offer a special demonstration at both camps on welding this summer. Whether you’re interested in the new Welding Merit Badge, curious about welding for a career, or just want to know what welding is, you can visit this demonstration and learn about the tools of the trade.
The 2013 Cub and Webelos Scout Program Highlights are now available online! Here are just a few changes to this years program:
- All of our campwide activities will have a pirate theme – The Pirates of Tuckahoe
- The Nature area will focus on Wildlife Conservation and Leave No Trace
- Our Handicraft area will offer activities designed to help your Scouts earn the NOVA Awards
- The Sports & Games area will offer new belt loops: Flag Football and Ultimate
- Our Scoutcraft area will work on Geography
- And for Webelos Scouts, a new area dedicated to Languages and Culture
Don’t forget to come visit us on April 20th for the Camp Tuckahoe open house.