The New Birth of Freedom Council, Boy Scouts of America, places the most significant importance on creating the safest possible environment for our youth members. Background checks of registered adult volunteers are an essential component of a comprehensive youth protection program.
In addition to the background checks conducted by the Boy Scouts of America, Pennsylvania state law requires both employees and volunteers to obtain three specific clearances to serve with youth-serving organizations like the New Birth of Freedom Council.
Click here for more information from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania regarding these clearances.
Volunteer Background Checks
Click on the items below to go directly to the information you need.
- Obtaining the Background Check Certifications
- Submitting the Background Check Certifications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scout Executive’s Blog Post About the New Clearance Portal
- FBI Fingerprint Waiver – volunteers can use this form to waive the need to obtain the FBI fingerprint background check if they have lived in Pennsylvania for the past ten consecutive years.