Summer Camp at Hidden Valley Scout Reservation is designed to be the culmination of an exciting year in Scouting. It’s a time to delight in the outdoors, to learn new skills, to earn advancements and to have fun with friends. From the newest Tenderfoot to the most experienced older Scout, summer camp at Hidden Valley is the adventure that puts the “outing” in Scouting.
Why Should Your Troop Camp at Hidden Valley?
- A wide variety of merit badges are offered, from “traditional” summer camp badges to badges that you don’t typically see at summer camp, such as Chemistry and Nuclear Science.
- A highly-qualified and dedicated camp staff has been assembled to provide your troop with a terrific summer camp experience.
- Exciting facilities such as the camp’s 40-foot-high climbing tower, crystal-clear swimming pool and an air-conditioned dining hall capable of comfortably seating 300 campers at a sitting.
- Special opportunities like our all-terrain vehicle program for older Scouts (age 14 and up) and our Sporting Arrow Thrower (very popular activity at the last National Jamboree).
At Hidden Valley, we also welcome Scout troops from outside of our council, with no extra fees for out-of-council units.
Summer Camp Program Areas
- Aquatics – swimming activities take place in our 320,000-gallon swimming, while rowing and canoeing happens on Sherman’s Creek
- Dan Beard First-Year Camper Program – for new Scouts to work on most of the rank requirements from Tenderfoot to First Class
- Field Sports – archery, rifle and shotgun ranges. Fishing opportunities abound on Sherman’s Creek.
- Handicrafts – with instruction available in basketry, indian lore, leatherwork and wood carving.
- Nature – what better classroom for nature-related merit badges than 800 acres of woodlands?
- Scoutcraft – a great place to learn those traditional Scouting outdoor skills
2019 Summer Camp Details
Hidden Valley Scout Reservation will offer five sessions of Scouts BSA Summer Camp:
• Week #1: June 23 – 29, 2019
• Week #2: June 30 – July 6, 2019
• Week #3: July 7 – 13, 2019
• Week #4: July 14 – 20, 2019
• Week #5: July 21 – 27, 2019
(Paid in Full
ON or BEFORE May 1st)
(Paid in Full
AFTER May 1st)
New National BSA Requirements for Adults attending Scouts BSA Resident Camp
Effective for the 2018 BSA summer camp season, any adult accompanying a Scout Troop must be registered as a leader, including completion of Youth Protection Training and appropriate clearances.
Parents who are not registered leaders but will be attending camp must be registered members of the BSA before arriving at camp. Please see your Unit Leader or visit one of the Council Service Centers to obtain an Adult Application. Be sure to include your completed Youth Protection Training certificate along with your appropriate clearances with your Application.
Adults registering with the BSA for the sole reason to attend camp may register as Scouter Reserve and the cost to register will be prorated.
For more information about the PA-mandated clearances required for all adult residents of Pennsylvania, please visit https://tinyurl.com/NBOFClearances
If a Unit brings eight Scouts, TWO Adults may camp for FREE!
For every additional eight Scouts that attend, one additional Adult may camp for free!
*All adults and parents that are residents of Pennsylvania and are planning to attend any of the New Birth of Freedom Council summer camp programs need to obtain those background clearances now mandated by state law. Click here for more information.
A $60 deposit is due for ALL registered youth and adults. These deposits are non-refundable, so confirming your registration numbers (and making changes, if need be) is highly recommended. You will not be able to reduce your numbers after this date.
In Council families requesting financial assistance must submit a Campership Application by Monday, April 1, 2019.
Limited Edition Summer Camp Patch
All Youth and Adults who make a $60 deposit* by Monday, April 1, 2019 will receive a special Limited Edition Summer Camp Patch!
A 25% discount will be given to any Scout who attends a second week of summer camp in one of the following New Birth of Freedom Council Summer Programs: Summer Resident Camp, Trail to Eagle Camp, Junior Leader Training, or Philmont Trek. Please let us know!
View the summer camp reservation guidelines for more information.
Adults Splitting the Session
If there are adults that are splitting the session, DO NOT include the extra adults in your registration. The adult who will be arriving at camp with the unit should be included in the registration and all adults that will be splitting that session with him/her will need to complete this form.
Example: Mikey’s dad is arriving with the Troop on Sunday, but will need to leave on Wednesday afternoon. Bobby’s stepdad will arrive Wednesday afternoon and stay until the end of camp. This equates to one paid adult in the Troop’s registration. Mikey’s dad needs to be added as a Participant in that registration and Bobby’s stepdad needs to fill out this form. If you have any questions, please email Kate or call at 717.620.4525
Individual “Provisional” Scout Registrations
Scouts who wish to attend camp without their Troop can attend camp as a “provisional” Scout. The Camp Director will make arrangements with troop leaders to have provisional Scouts attend camp as part of their troop for the week. (There will be an additional charge for each Provisional Camper.)
How To Sign Up For Camp
All registrations for summer camp are handled through our online system called Tentaroo. If your unit does not have an account, please first create an account, then you’ll be able to reserve your space at summer camp.
Forms & Information
- Summer Camp Reservation Guidelines
- Background Check Clearances information for All Adults attending Summer Camp
- ATV Program Participation Form
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
- Campership Application
- Camper Release Authorization Form
- Climbing Consent Form
- Map of Hidden Valley
- PADI Discover Scuba Registration Form
- Summer Camp Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Request Form
- Unit Swim Classification Record