Summer camp at Hidden Valley Scout Reservation is designed to be the culmination of an exciting year in Scouting. It’s a time to delight in the outdoors, to learn new skills, to earn advancements and to have fun with friends. From the newest Tenderfoot to the most experienced older Scout, summer camp at Hidden Valley is the adventure that puts the “outing” in Scouting.
Why Should Your Troop Camp at Hidden Valley?
- A wide variety of merit badges are offered, from “traditional” summer camp badges to badges that you don’t typically see at summer camp, such as Chemistry and Nuclear Science in 2015.
- A highly-qualified and dedicated camp staff has been assembled to provide your troop with a terrific summer camp experience.
- Exciting facilities such as the camp’s 40-foot-high climbing tower, crystal-clear swimming pool and an air-conditioned dining hall capable of comfortably seating 300 campers at a sitting.
- Special opportunities like our all-terrain vehicle program for older Scouts (age 14 and up) and brand-new for 2015 is our Sporting Arrow Thrower (very popular activity at the last National Jamboree).
At Hidden Valley, we also welcome Scout troops from outside of our council, with no extra fees for out-of-council units.
Summer Camp Program Areas
- Aquatics – swimming activities take place in our 320,000-gallon swimming, while rowing and canoeing happens on Sherman’s Creek
- Dan Beard First-Year Camper Program – for new Scouts to work on most of the rank requirements from Tenderfoot to First Class
- Field Sports – archery, rifle and shotgun ranges. Fishing opportunities abound on Sherman’s Creek.
- Handicrafts – with instruction available in basketry, indian lore, leatherwork and wood carving.
- Nature – what better classroom for nature-related merit badges than 800 acres of woodlands?
- Scoutcraft – a great place to learn those traditional Scouting outdoor skills
2017 Summer Camp Sessions
Hidden Valley will offer five sessions of Boy Scout Summer Camp:
- Week #1: June 18-24
- Week #2: June 25-July 1
- Week #3: July 2-8
- Week #4: July 9-15
- Week #5: July 16-22
2017 Boy Scout Summer Camp Rates
(Paid in Full
ON or BEFORE May 1st)
(Paid in Full
AFTER May 1st)
Limited Edition Summer Camp Patch:
All Youth and Adults who make a $60 deposit* by Monday, April 3, 2017 will receive a special Limited Edition Summer Camp Patch!
If a Unit brings eight Scouts, TWO Adults may camp for FREE!
For every additional eight Scouts that attend, one additional Adult may camp for free!
*All adults and parents that are residents of Pennsylvania and are planning to attend any of the New Birth of Freedom Council summer camp programs need to obtain those background clearances now mandated by state law. Click here for more information.
In Council families requesting financial assistance (up to 50% of the camp fee) must submit a Campership Application no later than Monday, April 3, 2017.
A 25% discount will be given to any Scout who attends a second week of summer camp in one of the following New Birth of Freedom Council Summer Programs: Summer Resident Camp, Trail to Eagle Camp, Junior Leader Training, or Philmont Trek. Please let us know!
View the summer camp reservation guidelines for more information.
Individual “Provisional” Boy Scout Registrations
Boy Scouts who wish to attend camp without their troop can attend camp as a “provisional” Scout. The Camp Director will make arrangements with troop leaders to have provisional Scouts attend camp as part of their troop for the week. (There will be an additional $10 charge for each Provisional Camper.)
2016 Boy Scout Summer Camp Provisional Reservation Form
Availability Chart & Reservation Form
- 2017 Boy Scout Summer Camp at Hidden Valley AVAILABILITY CHART
- 2017 Boy Scout Summer Camp at Hidden Valley RESERVATION FORM
Forms & Information
- Background Check Clearances information for All Adults attending Summer Camp
- ATV Program Participation Form
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
- Campership Application
- Camper Release Authorization Form
- Climbing Consent Form
- Map of Hidden Valley
- Merit Badge at HV Pre-Registration Form
- PADI Discover Scuba Registration Form
- Program at HV Pre-Registration Form
- Summer Camp Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Request Form
- Unit Roster Fillable Form
- Unit Swim Classification Record