2020 Camp Card Sale
Scouts earn their own way to summer camp!
CAMP CARD SALE UPDATE JUNE 10
We are nearing the conclusion of the 2020 Camp Card Sale and wanted to share some important information for wrapping up the sale.
- THANK YOU to all of the Camp Card Chairs and Scouts that participated in this year’s sale!
- Sale Extension – Recognizing that units may still face challenges with getting cards and money collected to close out the sale and that some units may still wish to try to sell cards as restrictions continue to be relaxed, we are asking that units return cards and payments by July 31. Please note that the Grocery Outlet offer does still expire in July. To the best of our knowledge all of the other offers are still valid.
- Virtual Sale – Scouts can continue to use the Virtual Sale as a way to sell cards through July 31. We will move to more regular shipment of cards now that the Council Service Centers are reopened. We will send units that have Virtual Sales a list of their Scouts and the number of cards sold.
- Card Turn In – If you have completed your sale for 2020 you can bring your unsold cards and payment for sold cards to either Service Center.
- Prizes – Scouts that qualified for prizes need to be entered in our prize system by July 31. Virtual sales DO count towards prizes. We are extending the redemption date for all of these prizes as well. Place prize orders here.
WHAT IS THE CAMP CARD SALE?
The Camp Card Sale is designed to help Scouts earn their own way to summer camp, a high adventure base or Cub Scout day camp. The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses to the purchaser. Participating units and their Scouts will earn at least 50% commission for each card they sell! A customer can purchase a Camp Card, but they’ll get far more than the purchase price. If a customer regularly visits any of the stores on the card and uses all of the discounts, they will be receiving all of their money back — plus they will help someone go to summer camp. This is a low risk fundraiser, as units can return their unsold cards.
2019 Harrisburg Card
Camp Card Information Sessions
Come out to and participate in one of our Information Sessions to find out what the 2020 Camp Card Sale is all about!
- February 5 – 7:00pm – Virtual Information Session (log in information will be provided when you register)
- February 6 – 6:30pm – Messiah United Methodist Church, 1300 North Beaver Street, York, PA
- February 10 – 7:00pm – Virtual Information Session (log in information will be provided when you register)
- February 12 – Noon – Virtual Information Session (log in information will be provided when you register)
- February 13 – 7:00pm – Mechanicsburg Presbyterian Church, 300 E. Simpson Street, Mechanicsburg, PA
- February 13 – 6:30pm – Brethren Home, 2990 Carlisle Pike, New Oxford, PA
There are three different versions of the card, each featuring multiple discount offers that are council-wide as well as some that are specific to areas within our council. There will be cards focused on these areas of our council: Chambersburg/Gettysburg, Harrisburg and York. Each card offers 3 one-time offers (3 tab coupons that can be separated from the card) and between 6-8 multiple-use offers that are good through the end of the year.
HUNDREDS OF ONLINE OFFERS!
Each card has an online code that the card purchaser can use to access hundreds of local offers! The user will simply enter the code number on the camp card they purchase and visit www.boyscoutscampcard.com, set up their account, and start saving! The account is activated through the end of the year. Users by download an app to their smartphone as well and redeem offers right from their phones from anywhere in North America!
2020 KEY DATES
By February 15 – Units register and place orders
March Roundtable Meetings – Camp Cards distributed to units
July 31 – Card payments, card returns and top sellers forms due
2020 Scout Prizes
A Scout will receive a $25 gift card for every 50 Camp Cards sold. Gift cards may be selected for the following:
- Scout Shop in Mechanicsburg or York
- Trading Post at Hidden Valley Scout Reservation
- Trading Post at Camp Tuckahoe
Sell 150 Camp Cards and pick all three! Gift cards must be used by December 31, 2020.
Top Selling Unit – The first place, top selling unit in each district will receive a Papa John’s gift card to have a pizza party for all of its participating Scouts.
Camp Card Orders
A unit registers and orders a specific number of cards by February 15, 2020. After recieving the cards the camp card coordinator for the unit distributes the cards to their Scouts to sell. At the end of the sale, the unit keeps its share and pays the council for its share. If they have any unsold cards, the unit may return them for credit at the end of the sale.
Returns & Additional Cards
Units may return unsold cards. Returns are due to the Mechanicsburg or York Service Centers when unit payments are due by July 31, 2020. The cards must be in complete condition (no tabs removed, etc). The unit is responsible for any cards that are damaged or not returned by the deadline. Units may continue to sell their unsold cards after they have settled their bill with the council, as long as they understand they cannot return anything after the payment deadline.
Payment of $2.50 per camp card ordered must be received at either Council Service Center by the payment deadline on July 31, 2020. Payments not postmarked by the deadline will be considered late and the unit commission will decrease.
Units are encouraged to track their Scouts’ sales so that Scouts can use the proceeds to pay for summer camp. However, it is the responsibility of the unit committee to decide how a unit’s funds are expended.
Contact your District Camp Card Chair if you need help or have questions about the sale.
Battlefield: Christopher Lontz – Christopher.email@example.com
Conococheague: Bill Kling – firstname.lastname@example.org
Keystone Capital: Dianne Theal – email@example.com
Pioneer: Greg Keefer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Trails: Michael Adelberg – Michael.email@example.com
Council Support: Holly Schwalm – (717) 620-4526, Holly.Schwalm@scouting.org.
Council Staff Advisor: Chris Styers, Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Card Resources for Scouting Units
- 2020 Camp Card Guidebook – Contains all the information units needed for a successful sale in 2020.
- Receipt to use when issuing cards to Scouts/families
- Unit Card Tracking Sheet