Scouts earn their own way to summer camp!
|For Scouts and Families
WHAT IS THE CAMP CARD SALE?
The Camp Card Sale is designed to help Scouts earn their way to summer camp, a high adventure base, or a Cub Scout day camp. The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses to the purchaser. The cards are sold for $5.00 each. Participating units and their Scouts will earn at least 50% commission for each card they sell! Customers can purchase a Camp Card, but they’ll get far more than the purchase price. If a customer regularly visits any of the stores on the card and uses all of the discounts, they will receive all their money back — plus they will help someone go to summer camp. This is a low-risk fundraiser, as units can return their unsold cards.
WHY CAMP CARDS?
Every Scout dreams about sunny days at Summer Camp, whether a brand new Lion Scout or a Life Scout trying to complete their Trail to Eagle. To help Scouts earn their way to participate in these adventures, it is essential to provide a safe and easy way for Scouts to raise money. Camp Cards are an easy, low-risk fundraiser for Scouts and units. Camp Cards have benefits for virtually everyone, making them much easier to sell than subs or candy bars. They also have the added benefit of clarifying why Scouts are selling – to earn their way to summer camp!
Like other fundraisers, Camp Cards also have the opportunity to train Scouts in public speaking, sales, and service. For Scouting units, Camp Cards are one of the easiest fundraisers to do. Managing the inventory is very easy, and you don’t need a garage to store and keep track of products. Scouts earn at least 50% commission on every sale, which makes the accounting of the sale easy to track for families and leaders in the unit.
WHAT KIND OF OFFERS ARE ON THE CAMP CARDS?
The 2024 Camp Cards will feature four geographic versions of the card (Harrisburg, York, Gettysburg/Hanover, and Chambersburg/Shippensburg). Offers fall into three different categories.
- One-time Use Offers – These offers are on “tabs” on the camp card. This year, there will be 4 tabs. Tabs are redeemed by turning in the tab at the time of your purchase, much like a coupon.
- Multi-Use Offers – These offers are found on the back of the camp card and can be used repeatedly as long as the card is valid. Most of these offers expire at the end of the calendar year.
- Online Offers – Thousands of offers can be redeemed anywhere in the continental United States. These offers are for national chains as well as local businesses. Not all offers are unlimited; some premium offers can be used up to 25 times. Scouts can sell cards to friends and family anywhere in the country and find value in the card.
2024 CAMP CARDS TIMELINE
|January 1 – March 1:
|Unit Registration Opens
|Unit Camp Card Orders Due
|Camp Cards Received & Online Store Opens
|March through June 6:
|Scouts Sell Camp Cards
|Payments, Prize Order Forms, and unsold cards due to the Service Center
- For the availability of additional camp cards to order, please email Christina Stout at email@example.com.
- For more information on how to sign up and participate in this year’s sale, follow the “Scouts and Family” link or “Unit” link above. You can also follow these links if you are ready to sign up for the sale or place your order.
Contact your District Camp Card Chair if you need help or have questions about the sale.
|Mathew Warner – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Pam Nery – email@example.com
|Bryan Oshinski – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Jennifer Vogel – email@example.com
|Teri Silar – firstname.lastname@example.org
|Christina Stout – email@example.com
|Brian DeBease – firstname.lastname@example.org