Preparing for Summer Camp? See Our Resource Page!

As the warm weather approaches, anticipation for summer camp reaches its peak among Scouts and their families. But before embarking on this exciting adventure, it’s essential to have all the necessary information and resources at your fingertips. That’s where our Summer Camp Resources page comes in!

Summer Camp Resource Page

What Is Included on the Resource Page?

  • Program and Leader’s Guides
  • Merit Badge Schedules
  • Camp Maps
  • Clearance Uploads for In/Out-of-Council Units
  • Extra Adult Registration Form
  • Dietary Accommodation Forms
  • Campership Applications
  • BSA Health Forms
  • PADI Statement Form
  • Unit Swim Classification Record
  • Tentaroo Guides

Important Summer Camp Dates

General Deadlines
April 15, 2024 Campership Applications Due
May 1, 2024 Scout Payments Due
May 1, 2024 Scout Fee and Deposit Increase
May 30, 2024 Dietary Accommodation Requests Due
Two Week Prior to Camp Clearances Due
Hidden Valley
February 1, 2024 Merit Badge Sign-Ups Open
Camp Tuckahoe
February 5, 2024 Merit Badge Sign-Ups Open

Common Summer Camp Questions

How can I sign up for summer camp?

Units and families can register for summer camp by using our online system Tentaroo. Unsure how to work this system, create an account, or sign up for merit badges? See our “How-To” section on the resource page.

What about provisional Scouts? 

Provisional Scouts can be registered using a unit or family account the same as a larger group. Select the “Provisional Scout” campsite option and we will place them with a unit. The New Birth of Freedom Council does not charge extra for provisional or out-of-council units.

Who needs to submit clearances?

All registered adults staying overnight with the unit must submit their Pennsylvania State Clearances. We allow day visitors upon providing identification at camp and sell meal tickets for the Dining Hall. Non-residents of Pennsylvania will simply need to submit Youth Protection Training certifications.

How does “splitting adult sessions” work?

A split session refers to an adult staying only part-time during the session and allowing another adult to attend for the remainder of camp. The first adult attending will need to be registered and paid for through Tentaroo. The second adult will need to complete our Registration for “Extra” Adults form found on the resource page. By doing so units are only paying for one adult registration. Remember all adults must submit clearances including those taking over split sessions!

How do I know what campsite we are placed at?

The Camping Department will automatically assign campsites in Tentaroo as we receive new registrations. You can view the campsite assignment by viewing your camp registration online.

How do I apply my campership funds?

Campership funds and camp card awards are submitted to the unit’s registration upon approval. Most camperships are awarded between late March and mid-late April after the deadline date. You will be notified via email on your approval status. In order for the funds to be submitted the Scout must be registered on the unit’s registration. Camperships are limited to in-council units only.

Do new Scouts or Scouts branching over pay the late fee after May 1?

These Scouts will be allowed the discounted rate even if registration is after the May 1 deadline. Please contact our camping department so we can ensure you are given the correct rate.

Have More Questions?

Contact our Camping Department at 

Check Also

Step Back in Time at Our “In the Shadows of 1864” Council-Wide Camporee

The New Birth of Freedom Council is pleased to announce that our 2025 council-wide camping …