Welcome to Summer Camp Staff!
We look forward to seeing you all at camp for the summer, but there are several things that you need to accomplish before you arrive at Camp Tuckahoe or Hidden Valley Scout Reservation.
You will not be permitted to start work until everything has been received.
Staff Employment Forms
Please pay close attention to the items listed and make sure to complete all that is applicable to you and your position. All forms must completed and returned to us by May 15th. Some forms have an option of filling out an online form or a printable form. For those printable forms, please mail them to Camping Services, 1 Baden Powell Lane, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 or upload them here.
ALL Staff need to complete & submit the following forms:
- 2020 Code of Conduct Form – online form or printable form
- 2020 Mutual Staff Agreement Form – online form or printable form
- 2020 Passenger & Driver’s Form – online form or printable form
- 2020 Camp Staff Employee Handbook Acknowledgement Form – online form or printable form
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Part A, B, & C)
- Workers’ Compensation Form – for Camp Tuckahoe Staff or for Hidden Valley Camp Staff
- Required for Staff members 14-17, even if you are already registered: BSA Youth Application
- Required for Staff members 18+, even if you are already registered: BSA Adult Application
Clearances – You must be listed as an EMPLOYEE on all of your clearances. We can not accept Volunteer clearances for any camp staff (including CITs).
- Clearance #1: Pennsylvania State Police Report of Criminal History
- Clearance #2: PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse History
- Clearance #3: FBI Fingerprint-Based Criminal History
- Click on “Digital Fingerprinting.” On the next screen, enter the Service Code for employees is 1KG756.
- Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment.
- Click on Locate an Enrollment Center first to find the location for providing your fingerprints that is closest to you, then go back to the Schedule an Appointment option. The company is continuing to add new fingerprinting locations.
- Follow the prompts for completing the required information and printing the registration form to take to the fingerprinting location. Identification Requirements & Photo ID Waiver for Minors.
***This disclosure can be used if the youth has lived in PA for at least the past ten consecutive years in lieu of the FBI fingerprinting because he/she is between the ages of 14 and 17. Please note that an adult (other than the parent) must witness his/her signature and that the parent must also sign the form where indicated. Clearances are good for five years except for this disclosure – he/she would have to have the fingerprinting done when they turn 18 if they’re returning to the camp staff.***
If you have any questions about the PA-mandated clearances, please visit http://newbirthoffreedom.org/notice-all-parents-and-leaders-attending-summer-camp-programs/ or contact Todd Weidner at email@example.com
All paid staff will also need to complete…
- 2020 W-4 (Tax Form)
- 2020 PA Residency Certification Form
- Form I-9 (Instructions for Form I-9) List of Acceptable Identification
- 2020 Direct Deposit Form
ALL Camp Staff under the age of 18…
- must provide us with a copy of their valid Pennsylvania Work Permit.
Materials can be obtained at your school’s Guidance Office. (Out of State minors can obtain the application from the Northern York County School District in Dillsburg or the West Perry School District in Elliottsburg.) The required council signature can be obtained by contacting Todd Weidner at (717) 502-4190 or mailing the form to New Birth of Freedom Council, BSA, Attn: Camping Services, 1 Baden Powell Lane, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. A Work Permit is not required for CITs, but those CITs will not be hired as paid staff until a PA Work Permit is on file.
You can not start employment without a valid Pennsylvania work permit on file.
The Boy Scouts of America requires all Summer Camp Staff employees to complete various advanced training courses. Please have a look at the following courses & complete what is required for your position.
Courses that are available through Boy Scouts of America Online Training appear with an asterisk (*). (FYI: Those trainings (excluding YPT) have been recently bundled into a Learning Plan called “Program Safety”.)
- 2020 Seasonal Staff Harassment Prevention Training – ALL STAFF
- Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse Training – ALL STAFF
- Youth Protection* – ALL STAFF
- Weather Hazards* – ALL STAFF
- Safe Swim Defense* – All Key Leaders, Aquatics Staff, Waterfront Staff
- Safety Afloat* – All Key Leaders, Aquatics Staff, Waterfront Staff
- Climb on Safely* – COPE/Climbing Staff
Camp Staff Handbooks
Please make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures within the Camp Staff Handbook.
- Camp Staff Handbook – Camp Tuckahoe
- Camp Staff Handbook – Hidden Valley Scout Reservation
- Camp Staff Song Book
Camp Staff Schedules
- 2020 Cub Scouts & Webelos Summer Camp Leaders Guide
- 2020 Scouts BSA Summer Camp at Camp Tuckahoe Leaders Guide
- 2020 Scouts BSA Summer Camp at Hidden Valley Leaders Guide
Discount on Uniform Supplies
Please make sure you comply with the BSA uniform checklist when outfitting your uniform for the summer. The Mechanicsburg and York Scout Shops will be offering all camp employees a 25% discount off uniform supplies until June 30th, 2020. This letter must be presented at time of purchase for the discount to be honored. For individual information about our Council’s National Scout Shops including phone number and hours of operation, please visit the following links.
Our Summer Camp Staff Apparel online store is coming soon!
We have two rounds of orders. The first round will end on Sunday, May 26th and all orders will be at camp sometime during Staff Week. The second round will begin on Monday, May 27th, end on Sunday, June 30th, and will be at camp sometime during the week of July 8-12.
Please remember that you will receive two (2) camp staff t-shirts for the camp where you will be working as soon as you have submitted all of your paperwork and are ready to work. Aquatics Staff, you will also receive one Lifeguard t-shirt. The store is for those of you who wish to purchase additional items and it is definitely not required.