Scoutbook is the BSA’s online unit management tool and helps Scouts, parents and leaders track advancement and milestone achievement along the way.
Scoutbook will be free to all BSA units starting January 1, 2019 and we want to help your unit prepare to access Scoutbook’s powerful features, which are available on any device. We’re holding a Scoutbook Launch Party for any interested unit leaders (especially unit advancement chairs) on Wednesday, December 12 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM at Messiah College in the Alexander Auditorium (Frey Hall 110).
Doors will open at 6:30 PM with snacks available, with the program beginning at 7 PM. The program will be covering the following:
- Welcome to Scoutbook – an introduction to the new advancement system
- How to Sign Up for a Scoutbook account and sync with Internet Advancement
- Using Scoutbook
- Scoutbook Features and Resources
There is no cost to attend this event, but pre-registration is required. Sign up at https://goo.gl/kCLbxN. One person from your unit can pre-register all adults from your unit attending this event.
While Scoutbook is a powerful resources to track advancement, it also includes even more capabilities, such as:
- Sending messages to leaders, Scouts and parents automatically following electronic youth protection standards
- Planning events and tracking activities
- Uploading photos
- Track hiking, camping and service hours
- Unit calendar
- Merit badge counselor assignments
It’s the whole Scouting experience rolled into one great web app!
In preparation for the Launch Party, you can learn about the basics of using Scoutbook at www.newbirthoffreedom.org/Scoutbook.
For more information about the Launch Party, please contact Chris Styers at email@example.com or (717) 854-7942