We would like to invite all Scouts to consider taking part in our Scout Me In Video Contest! Share a short video letting us know why you love Scouting. The best videos will be shared on social media and with youth in our communities that are looking to join Scouting programs. Each Scout who submits an entry will be considered for our top prize of a $25 gift certificate to our Scout Shop. The top video will be determined by the end of August. All participants that meet the guidelines will receive a limited edition Virtual Recruiter Patch.
The contest runs from July 15 – August 15. Scouts, with their parent’s help/approval wishing to submit entries must go through a 2-step process.
- Step 1 – Complete this form to upload your information and enter the contest
- Step 2 – Upload your video here. Please be sure to include your name in the video title
Videos will be judged based on 6 different categories:
- Cub Scouts
- Scouts, BSA
- Venturing/Sea Scouts
- STEM Scouts
- Adults (parents, unit leaders, and other volunteers)
All videos must meet the following criteria to be considered for the grand prize:
- All Scouts/Explorers/Venturers must currently be registered in a unit in the New Birth of Freedom Council. Adults must either be registered with the New Birth of Freedom Council or have a child who is currently registered.
- Scouts/Explorers/Venturers should be wearing their uniform in the video.
- The video should be 1 minute or less.
- The video must include the following information:
- First name only for the Scout/Explorer/Parent. Please no last names. Please remove all name tags from your uniform. (Example: Hi! My name is Sal and I am a Cub Scout.)
- Include your unit number or STEM Lab Name and the town where they meet. (Example: I’m from Pack 23 in Carlisle or I’m from the Newville Circuit Crusaders in Newville.)
- Tell us why you love Scouting/Exploring! What has been your favorite Scouting activity so far? Do you have a favorite project that you’ve completed?
- Ask the viewer to join Scouting. (Example: Visit www.BeAScout.org to find a Pack near you! Or Visit www.STEMScouts.org to find a STEM Lab in your area! Or visit www.Exploring.org for more information about the Exploring Program.)