Our Annual Recharter Cycle has opened and below we have important resources for all of our units in support of the recharter process.
New for 2023!
- Updates to the Recharter System
- Smoother processing of all payment types
- Expired Youth Protection will be an error that must be corrected before the charter can be submitted
- Increase in registration fees. In August, new registration fees went into effect. For full details visit the ScoutingWire Article.
- Units will need to upload a Unit Recharter Pennsylvania Required Background Check Affirmation Statement.
- Recharter must be completed by a Unit Key 3 member or a Unit Key 3 Delegate
- New way for units to check clearance status and Youth Protection Status of members
- District Recharter Turn In Events
Units can directly access the system through Internet Advancement. Unit Key 3 members (Committee Chair, Chartered Organization Representative, and Key Leader) will automatically have access to the recharter system. If someone outside of the Unit Key 3 will be completing the recharter process, then the unit will need to assign them as a Unit Key 3 Delegate.
Tutorial – With a brand new system there have been a number of resources produced to help you navigate this process. Here are links to those resources.
- National Guide for Internet Recharter
- National Webinar on Internet Recharter
- New Birth of Freedom Council Recharter Training
Additional Training Resources:
Recharter Turn In Process – Units will be required to turn a final copy of their recharter and turn it in at a District Recharter Turn In Day. Units should bring the final copy and any support materials (applications, clearances, payment, etc.) to the event. A commissioner or district volunteer will review your charter and let you know that day if there are any issues.
If you have any questions about the turn-in process please contact your District Executive or District Commissioner.
Recharter Packet – The items listed below are supplied to each unit electronically. Additional copies may be downloaded here, and they can be shared with unit personnel working on the recharter.
- Unit Recharter Booklet 2023 – Step-by-step instructions
- 2022 Journey to Excellence Scorecard – Each unit is provided with a copy of the appropriate Journey to Excellence Scorecard. Scorecards can be uploaded with your charter or turned into either council service center.
Websites & Support
- Recharter Website – This is the link for Internet Advancement, which is where the recharter processor will log in.
- Youth Protection – This website has a Q&A about Youth Protection Training and links to the online course.
- My.Scouting Tools – This site allows units to view and update training records. Note: BSA My.Scouting login required; this is separate from the recharter processing system.
- Instructions for downloading unit Youth Protection Training and Position-Specific Training and for updating training (only available to registered Unit Key 3 members.
- Printing BSA Membership Cards instructions.
- Printing Unit Charter instructions.
- FAQs on Criminal Background Check Authorization Forms
- Unit Program Fee Information