Our Annual Recharter Cycle has opened and below we have important resources for all of our units in support of the recharter process.
New for 2020!
- Increase in registration fees. In October, the National Council announced there would be an increase in the registration fee for youth and adult participants. For full details visit the Bryan on Scouting Article.
- All registered adults must submit a new background check authorization form.
- Unit Charters are no longer being mailed by the National Council and can be printed off once recharter is complete. See instructions on how to print the unit charter.
- Individual Membership cards are no longer being mailed by the National Council and can be printed off at any point during the year. See instructions on how to print individual membership cards.
If this is your first time using the system, we hope that you will find it user friendly and that the system enhancements will aid you in the smooth completion of this year’s charter.
- Improved navigation for Online Recharter System
- EVERYONE is considered a First Time User and must register to enter the Internet Rechartering system. After initial registration, you will enter the system as a Returning User
- Access Codes provided to members of the Unit Key 3
- Ability to Promote Members within Chartered Organization Family or with unit access code
- Youth Protection Training will be required for each volunteer on the recharter
- Electronic Signature Approval Option
- Electronic Payment Option (available only after November 1)
Tutorial – With the features of electronic signatures and payments, a Step-by-Step guide has been provided for the recharter process with great screenshots. You can use the guide by downloading it at Internet Recharter Tutorial.
Recharter Packet – The items listed below were supplied to each unit electronically. Additional copies may be downloaded here, and they can be shared with unit personnel working on the recharter.
- Unit Recharter Booklet 2020 – Step-by-step instructions
- Recharter Sheet – Use this document when calculating total fees due and required items.
- Leader Roster with training and background check validation information (provided in hard copy per unit)
- 2019 Journey to Excellence Scorecard – Each unit is provided with a copy of the appropriate Journey to Excellence Scorecard. Scorecards should be submitted when you return your charter.
Websites & Support
- Recharter Website – This website gives you access to the recharter website, a tutorial, and additional instructions.
- Youth Protection – This website has a Q&A about Youth Protection Training and links to the online course.
- My.Scouting Tools – This site allows units to view and update training records. Note: BSA My.Scouting login required; this is separate from the recharter processing system.
Access Codes – Each unit has its own access code, which was sent to the Key 3 (Chartered Organization Representative, Committee Chair, and Key Leader-Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, Advisor, Skipper). If you can’t find yours or you’ve misplaced it, please contact your district executive or district commissioner.