Our Annual Recharter Cycle has opened and below we have important resources for all of our units in support of the recharter process.
New for 2018! – When you log in for the first time, if you have done the recharter process before, you will notice that there is a new interface for completing the recharter process. For those familiar with the process, it is very much the same, with a couple of changes highlighted below.
If this is your first time using the system, we hope that you will find it user friendly and that the system enhancements will aid you in the smooth completion of this year’s charter.
- New branded look and improved navigation for Online Recharter System
- Ability to Promote Members within Chartered Organization Family or with unit access code
- Youth Protection Training will be required for each volunteer on the recharter
- Electronic Signature Approval Option
- Electronic Payment Option
- Elimination of “Parent Coordinator” position (it has been replaced with the “New Member Coordinator” (NM) position.
Features Staying the Same:
- Access codes distributed with the unit recharter packet
- First Time Users must register to enter the Internet Rechartering system. After initial registration, you will enter the system as a Returning User
- Stages and steps remain the same with one new feature: Electronic Authorization and Payment
Tutorial – With the additional features of electronic signatures and payments, National has provided a Step-by-Step guide for the recharter process with great screenshots. You can use the guide by downloading it at Internet Recharter Tutorial.
Recharter Packet – The items listed below were supplied to each unit starting at the October Roundtable. Additional copies may be downloaded here, and they can be shared with unit personnel working on the recharter.
- 2018 Unit Recharter Booklet – Step-by-step instructions
- Recharter Sheet 2018 – Use this document when calculating total fees due and required items.
- Recharter Checklist – Cliffs Notes on the “rules” for experienced users
- Leader Roster with training and background check validation information (provided in hard copy per unit)
- 2017 Journey to Excellence Scorecard – Each unit is provided with a copy of the appropriate Journey to Excellence Scorecard. Scorecards should be submitted when you return your charter.
Websites & Support
- Recharter Website – This website gives you access to the recharter website, a tutorial, and additional instructions.
- Youth Protection – This website has a Q&A about Youth Protection Training and links to the online course.
- My.Scouting Tools – This site allows units to view and update training records. Note: BSA My.Scouting login required; this is separate from the recharter processing system.
Access Codes – Each unit has its own access code, which can be found on the front page of their 2018 Recharter Instruction Booklet. If you can’t find yours or you’ve misplaced it, please contact your district executive or district commissioner.