Thank you to everyone that joined us for the May 2021 Council-wide Roundtable. We had a great meeting and we hope that all of the participants were able to get a lot of good information on how to KEEP SCOUTING and to do so safely.
We shared that during the presentation we would share both the slide deck and the recording from the meeting. A list of additional resources is below.
May Roundtable Recording
May Roundtable Slidedeck
- Next Roundtable is the Summit on June 3. More to follow below.
- NYLT is full
- Wood Badge is August 27-29 and September 11-12 – Register Here
- Friends of Scouting Campaign. Please, contact your District Executive or District Friends of Scouting Chair to schedule a virtual presentation or an in-person presentation. You can find out more details about this year’s Friends of Scouting campaign here. Friends of Scouting Online Giving – Text NBOFBSAFOS to 41444 and follow the prompts to Donate or Pledge today.
- Bsss Pro Outdoor Grants for equipment and program support, not dues/registration. Find out more and apply here.
- York Revolution Scout Night
- Aug. 20, 2021; gates open at 5:45
- Watch NBOF website for more info
- Summer of Service Details here.
- Mark calendars for this year’s leader training courses. Register here.
- Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills (IOLS) for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters- Sep 10-11 at Camp Tuckahoe
- Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) for Cub Scout Leaders – May 14-15 and Oct 1-2 at Camp Tuckahoe
- Make sure you don’t miss any upcoming events by downloading the 2020-21 Council Calendar here.
Updated COVID Guidance
- Most current updates are available here.
- Continue to adhere to masking and Social Distancing Guidelines
- Updates to CDC guidance as of April 27, 2021 for fully vaccinated people only
- Continue to wear masks; youth are not vaccinated
- Continue temperature checks and health screening
- Continue cleaning and using hand sanitizer
- COVID exposure is reportable to National Council. Contact your District Executive is positive or suspected exposure.
Council Recognition Dinner
- Saturday, May 15 at Lisburn Fire Company
- Register here.
- Submit In Memoriam here for Scouters who have gone home between January 2019 and December 2020
- Congratulations to our Silver Beaver Recipients
Restart Scouting Summit
- June 3, replacing June Roundtable
- 7-8:30 pm at Camp Tuckahoe
- Three from every unit invited
- Register here.
Hooked on Scouting
- Sign up your Pack here.
- May 15 9-noon, Hidden Valley
- May 15, 1-3, Lake Redmon (Spartan Rd)
- May 22 9-noon, Lake Marburg
- May 23 1-4, Harrisburg Hunter and Anglers Ass’n
Active Summer Pack Challenge
- Sign up to Accept the Challenge
New My.Scouting Feature
- Position Manager Tool, allows CoR or designee to change leader registrations
- Refer to the job aid here for detailed instructions.
- Camp Card Kickoff recording available here.
- Sell Camp Cards Online.
- Register Here for the 2021 Camp Card Sale
- Place your Order for 2021 Camp Cards here.
- Unit Leader Page here.
- COVID-19 Safety Page here.
- Family Page here.
- Camp Cards Main Page here.
- Virtual Camp Card Sales here.
- Sign up for Capital City Mall sales timeslots here.
2021 Popcorn and Nuts Sales
- 2021 Kickoff is at the Restart Scouting Summit on June 3
- Sign up for the 2021 sale here.
Cub Scout Adventure Camp “Weird Science!”
- Get the latest information on this year’s Adventure Camps here.
- Get Project Hercules information here.
- 2021 Beaver Days information here.
- Summer Camp FAQs here, and read the What-Summer-Camp-May-Look-Like document.
- Go to the Summer Camp Resource Page.
- 2022 Philmont Trek information here.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q: Will there be overnight camping for the York Revolutions Scout Night?
A: They are trying to make that happen. It is on their draft flier but we haven’t received 100% confirmation that it will.
Q: On Tentaroo the minimum numbers for fall camps are very low; will that increase after restrictions are reduced?
A: Yes. The new guidelines allow those restrictions to be adjusted. We are working on making those adjustments and will make an announcement as those capacities change.
Q: For the new my.scouting tool, can names be removed from the roster completely?
A: At this point no. You can only adjust positions not add/remove anyone.
Q: What are the Camp Card sales incentives this year?
A: Here is the link for the prizes for the Camp Card Sale: https://newbirthoffreedom.org/camp-card-sale-prizes/